sTORM end losing streak, drop Dallas 89-69 on 30 points By Stewart
The Seattle Storm found a way to pump the brakes on a 3 grame losing streak by demolishing the Dallas Wings. The Storm were helped by a double-double, 30 points and 10 rebounds, by forward Breanna Stewart.
For Stewart that would be here eighth game with 20 or more points this season, and would be here third 30 or more point effort in her career. Stewart would hit 13-21, which would be endemic of a great shooting night that saw the entire team shoot 37-65 for 57% shooting.
Stewart was helped by Alysha Clark who pulled down a career 9 rebounds along with 10 points. Clark reached a personal milestone in scoring her 1000th career point on the evening. Center Crystal Langhorne would dominate in the middle as she would pull in 7 rebounds and 19 points.
Legendary guard Sue Bird served up 8 assists on the evening. With 4:55 to play in the second quarter, she her 2,500th career assist. With her 7 assists tonight, she is just 94 shy of passing Ticha Penicherio’s all-time leading 2,599 mark.
Courtesy of Seattle Storm
- Crystal Langhorne scored a season-high 19 points on 9-for-12 shooting to go along with seven rebounds
- Alysha Clark tied a career-high nine rebounds to go along with 10 points. She also joined the 1,000 point club with a trey in the second quarter
- With the win, Seattle snapped a four-game losing streak on the road and improved to 2-5 away from KeyArena
- The Storm collected its first win in Arlington at the College Park Center in franchise history
- Seattle scored 50 points in the paint, its highest total of 2017
|Minnesota Lynx||12||1||9-1||W 3|
|Los Angeles Sparks||12||3||9-1||W 8|
|Phoenix Mercury||7||6||5-5||L 1|
|Dallas Wings||8||9||5-5||L 1|
|Seattle Storm||7||8||3-7||W 1|
|San Antonio Stars||1||14||1-9||W 1|